21.12.09

Sing, Spirit Song.


My head is a bit cloudy today...

I am not quite sure what I feel, but my feelings shouldn't matter much, in contrast to what I know. My hope is in the Lord, and all my strength is found in Him. My sorrow and joy, my tears and my laughter, I will place them at His feet, and only hunger and thirst to hear His sweet voice, singing over me. In the night, when I only see darkness, in the sad, lonely day when I wander by myself, In the morning light, when I feel free, or in the deepest pit of my nightmares, tossing and turning in restless sleep, I am always wrapped in extravagant arms of pure, innocent love where nothing can damage my soul, for it lives eternally with Him.


"Worship the Lord with gladness! Come before Him with joyful songs." Psalm 100:2

Today I will sing my song with gladness. I'll keep my chin up, and love those around me with the same love that Christ has shown me. I know that today I'll have moments where I wish I was at home. I feel homesick today. I want to see my family. I want to be hugged and be loved by them. They're so good at loving. But in the midst of that, there is this God of mine. Who is my home, He is family, and He hugs me with everlasting arms :) For that, I am VERY thankful.

So, these are some of my thoughts right now...
I will write later about my day. Who knows what it holds! You know, I need to paint.

Oh which reminds me, I'm doing christmas crafts with the kids in the daycare. We're going to do finger paint. It should be a glorious disaster! I think I want to spend more time just hanging out with the kids here. I'm going to go play with some of the kids down my street one of these days. It's so unusual for adults to play with kids. It doesn't happen here. The kids don't even really know how to take it! But we'll see. I know that when I was a kid I loved the attention of adults, and I'm sure that's a universal kid thing, not a culture thing.
I am learning so much from children. I am falling in love with them, and seeing so much more significance in them! Oh, they are beautiful.

I just want to cry.
Well, I guess I'll go find something to do before I leave for Daughters...

More later,
xx janna


No comments:

Post a Comment