18.12.09

I've got sunshine on a cloudy day...

BONJOUR
"..though the sorrow may last for the night, His joy comes in the morning!" Silly old emotions. Who can trust 'em anyway!?

Well, I didn't write yesterday, because I just didn't feel like it, but I should've! Yesterday was a really good day! My team went to get our visas extended, and then we came back to the base to have lunch. I finished my book! That's two books this week. That feels so good. I've missed reading! Then we went to Daughters for the church service, but it was cancelled, which probably should've been disappointing, but to me it wasn't, because I play guitar for worship. It's difficult because they sing the same songs I know, but they do it so differently, and it's very hard to follow. They often sing in Khmai, which is soooo beautiful, and I'm so glad that they do, but let me just say, it's embarrassing to play up at the front with no temp and no rhythm ahha. Oh well. Funny memories in the making :)
Then I went to the Russian market with Laurissa and Phyllis, the lady from Toronto teaching English at Daughters. They had to get some things for English class, and I had to buy a new camera card :( found one! We went to a couple NGO's that were sweet! And one of them sold some of the stuff the girls make at Daughters! Exciting!

OH! I did something I've never done before yesterday. I rode side saddle on a moto by myself. I felt like such a little lady.

Anyway, Then we went back to Daughters, and I met with Amiee, to talk about the day care stuff. I shared some ideas with her, and her with me, and I think we're on the same page! It's so sweet! I'm really looking forward to getting started. We're completely redecorating and cleaning it up. It's going to look beautiful!

I made a schedule for myself yesterday. Which is amazing, because now I actually have something to build a schedule on!!

I'll be making cirriculum for Daughters to teach, making a slideshow photo presentation about brothels for the cafe exhibit, and working with daycare stuff. phew! I'm so excited that I'll be busy doing things from now on. And I feel like my schedule isn't overly busy, it's just right. I'll still have time for prayer and intercession in the prayer room at Daughters.
I feel so much better too. I still have a few symptoms and a cough, but man. So much more energy than I did, and I just feel...better! God is so good to me! I just don't know how He loves us the way that He does. It's so wonderful.

Ruth invited my team over to her place for dinner. So we'll be going there tonight! Should be fun!
Last night my team went out for dinner to have a "serious conversation" about where we're at in life. We went to this awesome restaurant that plays Whitney Houston on repeat. Haha. It's definetely annoying, but I kind of love that place just for that reason.

Well, it's the weekend, and I had the greatest sleep last night. BUT I was so busy sleeping that I missed the rain!! I've been dying for it to rain here since I got here, and it's been so hot and so dry. But it happened to rain last night. Oh sleep, why do you distract me so?

I'm off to the market with Armin.
I bought a card for my camera, so I can finally take photos again.. praise theeeee Lord!
I'll try and get some up later on this afternoon.

All for now,

xx janna

1 comment: