25.12.09

Cambodian Christmas

I think this is the first moment all day I've had time to myself.
And now my day is over. I am SO tired!

Anyway........MERRRRRRRRY CHRISTMAS !!!!

I thought I would be desperately homesick today, but to my suprise I wasn't, really. But I think it's mostly because I have been moving full speed, non-stop since 6:00 this morning. GAH! I am exhausted. I stayed up til 3 am finishing making my leader's christmas present, and making cards for my team, etc etc... Then I woke up at 6 to wrap presents (which is completely my fault because I leave absolutely everything til the last minute. Ohhh me.) And then skyped with my family, had a big, BEAUTIFUL breakfast with my team, then we chilled on the roof and gave each other presents, which was fun, and then after that it was CRAZY. We were all insanely busy all day getting ready for our big dinner tonight! I made a bunch of decorations and put up lights and such... it looked really cute. The dinner was a HUGE success! I had such a good time! So many people came, and we had some good laughs with a lot of the people. They seemed to think it was hilarious every time I spoke to them in Khmai. Oh man.
It most certainly didn't feel like Christmas today! But it was memorable, none the less, and I know I'll never ever forget this Christmas. I enjoyed it. As tired and worn out as I was today, hanging out with all of our neighbours and random people that we've met since being here made me smile, and as I watched them all chatting and eating and laughing I got warm fuzzies. and some good photos. In a nutshell it was a beautiful night.

WELL, I will fill in the gaps tomorrow, and upload the photos from tonight. As for now, I am going to sleep lonnnnng and deeeep, and dream of snow and ice and being cold. Because I am so flippin hot! I am just sweating buckets. And no, this is not me complaining. This is me just stating a fact. It's very hot 'round these parts.


Good night and MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

xx janna marion

1 comment:

  1. Oh Janna I'm so proud of you...so glad your dinner party was a success...God is happy.
    We are all here at Aunty M's for the night and then dinner tomorrow.
    Love your blog entry...excited to see some pictures soon.
    love you...
    We had such fun watching you open your presents on Skype...Opa was just amazed!
    talk to you soon.... <3 mama


    Hi janna it's tante judy. i loved reading your little overview of your christmas-sounds wonderful! we miss you here, it's not quite the same but were thrilled that you have this awesome opportunity; i'm sure it will be life altering. thanks for keeping us updated, we look forward to hearing more of your adventures.
    love you lots,
    tante judy'
    xoxo


    Hi janna I hope that your having a nice time and a good christmas!

    God bless
    nathan

    Hi Janna!
    You are missed here in St. George. Sending a big hug your way.
    Love, Auntie M


    Hi from Uncle john

    ReplyDelete