5.9.12

One step.


So, I'd really like to start being more diligent with blogging (hopefully)… how many times have I said that?! Far too many, for sure. But it's a new day to try again. I'd like to begin Music Mondays, Wednesday Words, and Photo Fridays, at the very least. Today is Wednesday, therefore, I should probably have some words to say… 
Well let me start with a big *SIGH*. The past little while of life has been the toughest and most confusing for me yet. I've come face to face with the somewhat brutal reality that everything I say, as far as what I believe goes, is pretty darn shallow, and I need to do some re-evaluating. I'm so quick to judge, so quick to assume, so quick to point fingers at others when they struggle, lose hope, slip into a direction that doesn't look so good.
I've been a mess. A complete mess, inside, outside, all around. My mind has been so foggy. I'm being honest here, with an internet audience, which is so strange. But I have been so angry, so bitter inside, so weak. Everything means nothing to me, and I so badly crave the joy that could be mine, and I know it could be. So instead of staring at any one of the interior walls of my apartment, I got outside. I didn't run. I haven't for a while. I walked. With music in my ears, and the music was songs of praise, worship, something I haven't been able to bring myself to do for quite sometime now. Bitter taste in my mouth, I decided to sing. I sang, and walked, and I didn't care who heard. I reached the water, the path, I couldn't keep it in. I danced, and let go. I just let go, and I didn't care how silly I looked or how crazy. And I saw a heron. At the very moment I stopped dancing. A heron right in front of me. 
I wrote a post not too long ago about a heron, flying. and how I whispered to him, don't take it for granted, and how I wished I could fly. And how maybe that's what life is for. To be free and to fly.

I heard a voice inside me, that God-voice saying, I want you to fly.  And it seemed, at that moment, that I could leave things behind, those painful, heavy things. I could leave them there, where there were no cars or people or houses, or noises, just Earth-life and silence, and water, and a heron in front of me.

I walked back more full of spirit, more full of something. Something, instead of all this nothing that has been there for so long.

Here is a sort of wordless song-like thing I recorded today -- I think it's a musical version of my day in some way.


Bye for now! x




4 comments:

  1. Oh, my dear Janna.
    Me, too.
    I keep saying I want to blog more, but then I don't. So does that mean I don't really want to? Does it mean I'm lazy and fail to follow through on things? I don't know what it means or if it is supposed to me anything, but so far at least I am not consciously choosing to give up on the idea. For now I will still say that I want to write more - at least write somewhere - & perhaps some of that will be in the form of blog posts.

    Currently my plan is to set a writing goal for each month. September's goal is to write at least 300-500 words per day with the hope of getting to 1000 some days.

    So far I have pecked out more than 500 words every day but one and over 1000 words twice. Pretty good start for the month! I'm happy.

    Don't give up yet; okay?


    ReplyDelete
  2. Janna, this was beautiful. It made me cry.
    You are beautiful, deep, talented, insightful and AHHH!!! I love you.
    I think honesty is great.
    I think you're great.
    And I think the Lord loves your honesty, and I think he loved your dancing and singing and not caring by the pond... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so very talented. Lucky girl to be blessed with beauty in so many forms.

    ReplyDelete