1.6.12

photo friday


Raining, raining still.
I can hardly see through.
Inside and outside,
It rains.
In my head, and on the streets,
The grass, the treetops, the riverbed;

-

Well, I have been sick as a dog, with a mysterious illness, for which I now have antibiotics and I am beginning to slowly but surely get better.  I haven't been sick for a while, and having so much to do at the moment it wasn't the greatest timing. But I'm so glad to be getting back on my feet. Tomorrow I hope to accomplish most of the things on my dusty to-do list. I am hoping that getting some things done will help to clear my head. I recently quit my job. Don't ask. It was a job that I only planned to do for 3 months. I felt guilty for quitting, so I never did, and tried my best to love it. But after nearly 7 months, I impulsively decided to end it. If you know me well, you know where I worked, and I'm certain you can understand why it was a struggle. There were windows of good times, and moments I didn't mind so much, but those moments were fleeting, and I really didn't enjoy it much. This seems an odd time to quit my job, with a wedding to plan, and huge expenses coming my way, moving to New Zealand and all, but that's me. Impulsive. I thought I was getting better, being more responsible. Putting my petty preferences behind me, so that I could simply do what needed to be done - make money and save money. But, I did it. I quit. Shame on me, I suppose, but there was something so freeing about it, I was even giddy. Now to figure out what to do next. That's the tough part. The part that gets me kicking myself over quitting -- realizing that even when I think I'm less and less naive, I'm not. I'm still quite naive. I want to be and do a great many things. I want to be an artist, a writer, a designer, a freelancer, but I cannot be that right now, and I fool myself every time. Sigh. One day I will learn. One day I'll really get it. But for now, I'm again jobless, and on the wild hunt for work. There's so much bouncing around in my head. Wishing I had all the freedom in the world to create and create and create. But, of course, there's things to be done! Needs to be met! I must be responsible! First things first, however, I need to get well. Get my body functioning normally again, and then I'll know what to do next. Lord, help! 

Well! That's my rant for today! I hope you all have a happy weekend. 
x

6 comments:

  1. remember...
    when we are weak he is strong
    his mercies are new every morning
    great is his faithfullness
    AND
    iloveyou
    sharonpackard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, Sharon. I knew you'd faithfully comment. Thank you. I love you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My comment is that you are such a sweet and wonderful baby sister. I also love you.
    Glad you are on the mend.
    xoxo

    Love Mel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dad and I just read your post....and after chuckling .....we said ...Amen. You have such a way of expressing your feelings and who you are, Its wonderful. Keep writing, keep painting, keep blogging, keep using the gifts that God has given you to touch those around you. We love you. You are amazing.
    love dad and mama.

    ReplyDelete