10.4.12

inheritance

That sly river, fear.
it seeps often in
and i curl and cringe and feel it coming strong
first dampness then wetness then
soaking through


how do i find dry land
how do i reach
how do i ...


breathe.
god.


he says, come on
he says, i love you
as you are
right now
i give you land to stand
inheritance,
beloved
outrageously loved
he says, it is this way, because i am this way
i love you because i love you because i love you.
just because that is me.


you can love me, too.
outrageously, beloved.
be thankful and sing.
you have been lifted out.


taste
live it
freedom from the smallness of the life before.
freedom from the strings and ropes and snares.
the river, fear.


take me in. let me go there.
he says.


i will not stop.
i will not go away.
i will not let you go.


my love will fight that river,
build a dam.
it will not touch you.


because i love you
because i love you
because i love you
and my love
casts it away.
outrageously,
my beloved,


he says.


3 comments: