9.2.11

"Are you in love?" she asked.

"Am I in love?
I don't think so, what about you?"

"No."

"I don't think I've ever been in love with someone... I've loved people." He uttered.

"Really? Never?"

"I might have thought that I was."

"How do you know that you weren't?"

"I'm not still fighting for someone."

"That makes sense."

"Have you been in love?"

"I think I have been, but it's all I've ever known as being in love. So I could be very wrong. And something tells me I am wrong about that."

"I think I have been a couple times."

"Wrong?"

"Wrong."

"I think I've just confused loving a person for the person they are and being in love with that person... I don't know. Who knows? I know nothing."
 
"I know nothing too." She bowed her head and sighed.

3 comments:

  1. Wow. I think I've had that exact conversation in my own head before. You really captured something here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and sometimes it might just be being in love with the idea of being in love...
    or with the idea of being loved...
    or of being the most important person to someone...
    or of having someone to love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... To fully experience a far away place one must do more than read about it in books, or become enraptured by beautiful pictures of its contoured subtleties. One must venture forth on a journey to that place. In life we have maps that take us to these faraway places. But no map will place us in love. We must awkwardly find our way there, wiping both tears and dirt from eyes as we go, laughing at our own humanity.

    ReplyDelete