13.7.10

It's been a while

I read the words He'd left on the page. As I did, all of the stale, stagnant emptiness I had been feeling vanished for a moment so rich, so pure and so real.
I read the words He'd left on the page, and all the hardness, the bitterness that life had buried in my face, the weight of a burden I had carried that pulled at my skin, leaving tightness and strain -- it melted. It dripped down my cheeks and my chin and my chest.
I simply smiled. This smile cracked the hardness, the tightness that had been suffocating it. I know I had just accomplished something so real. It was spiritual, it was wholesome, from a fresh, virgin place in my spirit. I smiled with heart and somehow felt that my body, my mind, my soul and everything that was touching me was new. I felt beautiful.
And even more than this, I felt as if I were a great explorer, dawning a new and never before seen phenomena. A sensation so good, so jovial, it nearly peeled away every single inhibition I have, that over time had crept into my being, gripping me and holding me.
I smiled, and it changed me.
In that moment, I was reborn, I was repeated.
I was carried and counselled by joy.
I was me.

2 comments:

  1. I second the wow wow wow thing...
    What the heck Janna...
    This is so beautiful.
    YOU are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete