22.6.10

Flora

Well. Today is a little bit glum. The rain is pouring down, the sky is very gray.
Even though it's a melancholy sort of day, I am very inspired. Right now, I am finally sewing... I think this is only the second time I've sat down at my sewing desk and accomplished something with my trusty old machine.
I found an adorable dress at 'The Clothes Line'... a local thrift shop that I absolutely LOVE. There are so many hidden treasures there. I usually check in a couple times a week. There's always something new to discover there.

It's a blue dress with tiny little flowers on it. It's got a really cute top, but the dress itself is a little bit long. You know that awkward mid calf length that makes you look like you have cankles? yep. So i'm shortening it, and hopefully it turns out. I found a sweet floral zip up jacket, too... but it has mammoth shoulder pads. I know, I know, they're in right now. But... I just can't do it. So they're definetely coming out.

I'll post pictures later.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm...
    They'll look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to hear the shoulder pads are coming out...oh boy

    ReplyDelete